Pages

Monday, March 27, 2006

Losing Weight For Easter

What a good day we had yesterday. They tell me our attendance was the highest in a long time. It was so good to see people being baptized again this week. (I'm not sure how many weeks in a row that gives us.) Pastor Wally told me even his socks were wet when he finally crawled out of his waders.

Easter is less than three weeks away! So, it's a busy night around the church. Visitation is underway, people are out inviting guests to be a part of our Easter events; the drama team is working on the Easter production; the costume people are fitting choir members for Easter costumes; the banner team is sowing banners for Easter worship; and the weight loss group is meeting... I suppose to lose weight for Easter...

I've stuck my head into all the meetings except the weight loss group. They say I'm bad for their morale.

On another note, we have had a very encouraging response to our announcement that we are seeking a full time music pastor. I am looking forward to seeing how God will work through the process. Keep the search in your prayers!

I was proud of our church Sunday when the congregation stood in applause to show the gratitude we have for Stan and Gina and their leadership in recent months. It is no exaggeration that through them we have been blessed beyond measure. May all of God's servants here at First Baptist serve as faithfully!

Pastor Noel Dear