Pages

Monday, March 6, 2006

China Missions

A very good friend of mine is traveling this week to China to work with the underground church. It is a secret and dangerous trip, but it will give him opportunity to be an encouragement with and do some training for the leaders of the underground church in one of the most difficult regiouns of that country.

As my friend was putting this trip (his second) together in November, he challenged me to read a book called 'Safely Home' by Randy Alcorn. It is a fiction book that fairly accurately tells the story of the underground church in China. I read the book and it has changed my life. I recommend the book very highly. It will give you a different perspective on church, worship, missions, and what it really means to be a Christian.

Pray for my friend.

He will not be able to contact me while he is in China for obvious reasons, but I will let you know how the trip went when he returns in a few weeks.

Peace.