Pages

Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Blessing For My Girls

In the morning message today, I shared how I prayed and asked the Lord to show me what I should pray for my daughters. I wrote down what I felt like the Lord wanted me to pray and I shared it with them by praying this prayer over them. For more info, you can listen to the message when it is posted on our church website next week. If it would help you to pray about what you should specifically pray for your kids or grand kids, you can take a look at the prayers I prayed.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hannah...

… Lord, I thank you for Hannah, my first daughter. Donna and I prayed and asked you for her and she is one of the best answers to prayer we have ever received from you. You have shown us your kindness through Hannah and we will always praise you for that.

… Lord in heaven, you have given Hannah such a sensitive spirit. That sensitivity shields her from some temptations. I pray that never changes. You have given her an exceptional intelligence. I pray she always uses that to serve you and your kingdom. You have given her remarkable self-discipline, which can help her accomplish much in life if she doesn’t lose it through distraction. So I pray that you keep her focused on the right priorities and never let the world steal the value of this special gift from you.

… Lord, thank you for the salvation that you have given to her. My greatest desire for my girls is that they would become your girls… that they would be children of God. Thank you for convicting Hannah’s heart and giving her the gift of faith so that she could call on you. Thank you for forgiving her sins and securing her eternal life through the sacrifice of Christ.

… Lord, I ask that you increase Hannah’s faith. I know she struggles with fear and worry at times. I pray that you remind her of your faithfulness and trustworthiness. You have been so good and so faithful to our family through the years. I cannot count your blessings. Please let the memory of that faithfulness always be at the forefront of Hannah’s thoughts and let it guard her mind with the peace that passes understanding.

… Lord, I pray that you give Hannah a strong desire to study and know your Word. I believe you have specifically gifted her to excel in this. I ask that you will give her a special insight into what she reads. I pray the Holy Spirit will be her teacher. I pray that she will have the commitment to your Word as an eleven year old that will allow her to be used in an unusual way to teach your Word as a teen and as an adult. I pray that Donna and I will do the things we should do to foster this special gift. I pray that we will be a catalyst in what you want to do in her life and not a hindrance or a distraction.

… Lord, I ask even now that you bless Hannah’s future family. Please protect her innocence and purity. Fix in her mind the value of being a godly wife and a godly mom. Don’t let the world teach her that those are somehow less important roles than the roles the world may offer. I pray for her future husband. I pray that you protect his innocence and his purity. I pray that his parents are leading him to a close walk with you.

… Father, I give you my daughter, Hannah. She belongs to you. Use me to guide her, to teach her, to protect her. But Lord, don’t let me take her back. My desire is that she always be set apart for your honor.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Emily...

… Lord, thank you for Emily, my baby daughter. You gave her to me and Donna at a time in life when so many good things were happening. She was the best of those things. Your undeserved goodness to us is amazing. Praise you for your kindness.

… Lord, thank you for the salvation that you have given to her. My greatest desire for my girls is that they would become your girls… that they would be children of God. Thank you for convicting Emily’s heart and giving her the gift of faith so that she could call on you. Thank you for forgiving her sins and securing her eternal life through the sacrifice of Christ.

… Lord, there is no doubt that Emily is fearfully and wonderfully made. I thank you for her winsome personality and her caring, soft heart. I believe you have gifted her with an unusual ability to encourage people and to bring joy into their lives. I pray that you will protect that. I ask that this special giftedness become a real ministry that changes lives and I pray that this ministry begins very early in her life. Please give Donna and I the direction we need to foster this ministry and to put her in the best situations to help her be a blessing to others.

… Lord, thank you also for giving Emily such a quick, sharp mind, and a love for reading, especially an early passion for reading your Word. I pray that her love for reading the Bible will be a transforming thing in her life. I pray she will be daily washed in your Word in such a way that her purity will be guarded, her wisdom will increase, and her joy will be contagious.

… Lord I ask that you give Emily greater focus. I know that she struggles with distractions, but with your help she can overcome this. I believe you have such important things for Emily to do in this life. I pray that she doesn’t miss any of them because of distraction.

… I pray, Lord, that you will make Emily into a prayer warrior. I pray that she will draw near to you in a special way and that you will draw near to her in a special way. I ask that you will increase her faith and expand her understanding such that prayer becomes one of the most important things in her life. I ask that this devotion to prayer becomes a source of help and strength not only for her but for our church and our community. I ask that you make her a leader in this ministry throughout her life. I pray that you will be honored in an uncommon way because of her heart for prayer to you.

… Lord, I ask even now that you bless Emily’s future family. Please protect her innocence and purity. Fix in her mind the value of being a godly wife and a godly mom. Don’t let the world teach her that those are somehow less important roles than the roles the world may offer. I pray for her future husband. I pray that you protect his innocence and his purity. I pray that his parents are leading him to a close walk with you.

… Father, I give you my daughter, Emily. She belongs to you. Use me to guide her, to teach her, to protect her. But Lord, don’t let me take her back. My desire is that she always be set apart for your honor.

Pastor Noel