Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

9/11 Weekend & More

A brief note...

I want to say thanks to all those who worked so hard putting together our 9/11 weekend for honoring the First Responders in our community. I appreciate Pastor Wally's leadership and vision to make this happen. We have had so many good comments from First Responders about how much they appreciated what we did. I was very proud of our church this weekend!

Yesterday I spoke at a funeral for Darwin Brown. Mr. Brown was a back-up quarterback to Bart Starr at the University of Alabama many years ago. It is amazing how many connections back to Alabama I bump into each week. We had a couple visit our worship service this past Sunday that had just moved from Birmingham, AL, and one of the families attending tonight's New Member Class just moved from Montgomery, AL.

This coming Sunday we will begin a six week series of messages on "The Secrets to Good Living." Be in prayer as all of this comes together.

Noel Dear