Pages

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Random Thoughts

Just a few thoughts and tidbits...
  • I went to a missions conference in Greenville, SC on Thursday. I left after AWANA awards night on Wednesday and made it to Greenville at 5:00 a.m. the next day. I learned this: I'm not as young as I used to be!
  • The pastor of the church I met with in Greenville, SC used to live in Heath, OH! Not only that, but he used to live on Fieldpoint (the same street I live on today)! It's a small world.
  • The missions conference was very insightful. I look forward to sharing with our church what I learned.
  • My wife got sick while I was out of town. Steve and Barb Moyer rescued her by picking up our children. It's great to have people like them! (My kids told me Steve's bedroom is purple. I'm not sure why that's funny, but it is.)
  • I saw a glimpse of the Children's musical this afternoon. It is good! We will have a very good evening tomorrow (Sunday).
  • We found a music pastor; moved him in this morning; he'll start tomorrow. Just kidding. Everyone keeps asking how close we are to having someone. I keep saying, it all depends on how much you pray.
  • A house caught on fire six houses down from mine today... four fire engines... one rescue squad. It was a big deal to my girls. Thankfully, no one appeared to be hurt.
  • Tomorrow is family day at church. I'm preaching on part 2 of THE GOD CODE.
  • I just finished reading, "The Jesus I Never Knew" by Phillip Yancey. The author takes too liberal a view of Scripture, but the book was interesting. It has encouraged me to be committed to reading through the gospels more often.
  • My seven year old can solve Sudoku better than her dad. I don't know if that makes me proud or humble.
  • My wife bought brownie mix today. She said she might make brownies. She changed her mind. Enough said about that.

Pastor Noel Dear