Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mediation

As I shared in a post a few days ago, Donna and I are going through a 'One Year Chronological Bible' in our morning devotions. Well we started about a week into 2009 and we are just now caught up with the right day. Finally.

So today I was reading in the book of Job and I ran across these verses...

If only there were a mediator who could bring us together, but there is none. The mediator could make God stop beating me, and I would no longer live in terror of his punishment. Then I could speak to him without fear, but I cannot do that in my own strength. -- Job 9:33-35 NLT

There is a great deal of insight in Job's question. Isn't it great news that we do have a mediator!

For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and people. He is the man Christ Jesus. -- 1 Timothy 2:5 NLT

It is in the book of Hebrews that the truth is expressed best...

That is why we have a great High Priest who has gone to heaven, Jesus the Son of God. Let us cling to him and never stop trusting him. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same temptations we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it. -- Hebrews 4:14-16 NLT

Aren't you thankful that you can get up in the mornings and approach the God of the universe through the mediator Jesus Christ! Aren't you thankful that through Christ you can hear from God and He can hear from you! Aren't you thankful that you never have to feel as hopeless as Job felt!

Pastor Noel