Pages

Monday, March 17, 2008

My Easter Preparation - Monday

I shared with my church yesterday (Sunday) that I would post a brief blog each morning this week detailing the Scripture reading and the thoughts of my morning quiet time as I committed myself to growing closer to God through this Easter week. I'll try to have these posted by 6:00 a.m. each morning so you can use these as guides for your own Easter week quiet times if you choose to. I hope this helps. I hope this honors the Lord.

------

It was approximately 1,978 years ago that Jesus had his 'triumphal entry' into Jerusalem. This marked the beginning of the end. This marked the beginning of the last days before Christ would be crucified.

This day was prophesied in the O.T....

Zechariah 9:9 NKJ "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your King is coming to you; He is just and having salvation, Lowly and riding on a donkey, A colt, the foal of a donkey.

Read about the entry and the day in John 12:12-50, and then also in Luke 19:28-46.

After you read through these descriptions of what happened on this day, Monday, of Christ's last week before His crucifixion, then pray and ask the Lord to give you today a better understanding of the heart and mind of Jesus.

After you have read the Scripture once and prayed for a deeper understanding of the heart and mind of Jesus, then take a piece of paper, and read through the verses again slowly. This time, write down everything you learn about the heart, mind, and disposition of Jesus.

I will do this and put my list as a comment to this blog post so you can read it. But, you will get more out of this if you do yours before you read mine.

So once you complete your list and spend some time in prayer, then take a look at my list in the comment section of this blog.

Tomorrow we will begin to take a closer look into the meaning of the crucifixion.

Thanks,
Pastor Noel