Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Kenya Outreach

I still plan to do a comprehensive Kenya update on my blog soon. Right now I'm still trying to catch up on things after being gone for two weeks.

But here is an email I received this morning from pastor Fredrick (Masha) concerning our plans to reach out to the 'unreached people group' we have targeted. (I have removed the name of the group for obvious reasons. Most of the readers here know the people we're referring to.)

-----

Dear pastor Noel,

Many greetings in the precious name of our Lord Jesus Christ!

It is my great hope that you are fine with Donna and your lovely children.

Glad to inform you that the Lord has been faithful to grant me favor to be accepted by the XXXXX community. Yesterday I had a very successful meeting with the XXXXX chief and other XXXXX leaders to discuss about the issue of the XXXXX children. Praise the Lord for there was a great response and even asked me how many children and when was this going to happen. My reply was as soon as possible and I would soon give them the number of children.
For now I have just insisted on aplication forms from the needy children to be done by a family member and to be recommended by the chief. I have also requested for the child's passport size photo so as to open a file of the child to be supported. I have also done that to the non-XXXXX needy children and I am now waiting your response about the issue.


Pastor Noel, I have come to realize that apart from this strategy being the best for reaching the XXXXX people group, it is also a great strategy for reaching the youth for Christ as you witnesed when we visted the school and from Greg and Lisa's report of those who received Christ at Majaoni primary school.

In Kenya and particulaly in the Coast province the youth are not targeted for christ and because of the hotel industry many are becoming prostitutes and drug abusers because of the tourist influence hence many are HIV/AIDS victims, therefore it is my great hope that if many children and youth are accommodated here at Chafisi with a good profesionally set program that will help us to implement and evaluate the children's and the youth's growing progress after they receive Christ then this would be a great accomplishment.

As I keep on regestering the needy children, I am also looking forward for your advice on this program, this is because we want to set ourselves ready for the work before it begins.

I have also given brother Michael, Greg and Lisa a copy of this email.

Hopping to read from you soon...

Your fellow minister in Kenya,
Pastor Masha