Pages

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Dancing With The Stars II

Dancing with the Stars... it hasn't gotten any better. (See previous posts.)

The family is watching the show. I'm bored to death, so I thought I would blog.

Today was a pretty normal day...

It started with a meeting with Bill, our chairman of deacons, who comes by early on Tuesday mornings for prayer.

Then a couple hours of studying for Sunday's morning message. (I'm preaching on the parable in Luke 16:1-9. I've never preached on this parable before and I'll bet you've never heard a message on this passage. It's fun to study something new.)

The rest of the day was devoted to two appointments and a ton of work on next year's budget (final numbers are due to finance team tomorrow evening).

I made a few phone calls before I came home for a family night of 'Dancing With The Stars.' Donna made pecan chicken tonight, and the girls are working on a song and dance to 'perform' for me and Donna tonight.

Donna wants me to hang a bulletin board in the school room before I go to bed. I don't want to. Should I wait and see if she forgets or go on and do it?

I saw on the news tonight that many of the communities around our area are sending the police out and locking up all of the child sex predators for 'beggars night.' What is the world coming to when we have to have a child molester round-up before we can let children walk up and down the streets? Please understand, I am not against what the police are doing, in fact, if they have any serious concerns about these individuals being repeat offenders, I wish they would just keep them locked up, but I think it says something about how much our society has detiorated.

I know that is a pretty sudden change of subject, but the news cast has just stuck me in an odd way.

Well, my six year old laptop has gotten so hot it is burning my legs through a lap desk, (I've got to get a new laptop) so I better turn it off before it catches on fire.

Noel Dear

P.S.
For my readers below the Mason-Dixon line... beggars night is what you call halloween.