Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bible Verses We Like To Hate

I know, that is an odd title for a blog post, but as I was studying this morning for an upcoming project, I kept running across these verses that made me squirm. I thought perhaps I should share them with you. They may make you squirm now, but if obeyed, they will make you rejoice later.

… Proverbs 24:17 Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, And do not let your heart be glad when he stumbles;

… Romans 12:17 (NLT) Never pay back evil with more evil. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable.

… 1 Thessalonians 5:15 See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all.

… 1 Peter 3:9 (NLT) Don’t repay evil for evil. Don’t retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will bless you for it.

… Proverbs 20:22 (NIV) Do not say, “I’ll pay you back for this wrong!” Wait for the Lord, and he will deliver you.

Pastor Noel