Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Jesus Thank You

This past Sunday we sang one of my very favorite songs, "Jesus, Thank You". Each line in this song refers to a biblical picture of Salvation. As you sing through the song, it serves as a reminder of all of those great scriptural lessons about the cross, salvation, and God's grace and mercy.

I'm thinking about preaching a message soon, where I take each of Bible passages the song references and show how that reference increases our understanding of the amazing grace of God.

Here are the lyrics...

The mystery of the cross I cannot comprehend
The agonies of Calvary
You the perfect Holy One, crushed Your Son
Who drank the bitter cup reserved for me

Your blood has washed away my sin
Jesus, thank You
The Father’s wrath completely satisfied
Jesus, thank You
Once Your enemy, now seated at Your table
Jesus, thank You

By Your perfect sacrifice I’ve been brought near
Your enemy You’ve made Your friend
Pouring out the riches of Your glorious grace
Your mercy and Your kindness know no end

Lover of my soul
I want to live for You


Pastor Noel