Pages

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

This Sunday

Tuesday is my study-all-day day. The last couple of weeks it has been interrupted by various things. Today, though has been a good day. In fact, it is almost 5:00 and I'm tired of studying (that never happens).

I thought I would give you a little heads up on this coming Sunday's messages. In the morning, I will be doing the fourth and last part in my series on How to Make Godly Decisions. We will be looking at the first 8 to 10 verses in Proverbs 3.

In the evening, we will be continuing our walk through the book of Romans. I haven't decided for sure whether we will do Romans 3:1-20 or break that up and just do verses 1-9 this week. I've been preparing for all twenty verses today, but it is a lot of material. I'll be back on that on Thursday and make a decision then.

There is not a lot to report on the family scene lately, although two interesting things did happen yesterday...

In our family devotions, everyone was reading the story of the woman caught in adultery from John 8. (We all read separately and then come together for our devotion time.) I had carefully crafted a way to talk about the story without dealing with exactly what adultery is with my seven and nine year old daughters. Well, when we began the devotion, I asked Emily, the seven year old, to tell us what the story was about and boy did she. She said that this woman had S-E-X (she spelled it because she thought it was a bad word) with a man she wasn't married to and the religious people caught her doing it. I was floored. So much for my plans to deal lightly with the subject. As it turned out, she was reading out of a children's Bible and the Bible, instead of using the word 'adultery' decided to spell out exactly what happened. Needless to say, the devotion didn't go very smoothly.

Last night, Donna had something she needed to go to, so the girls and I decided to go visit someone we knew who was in a hospital in Columbus. I told the girls that while we were out of town, we should eat something that none of us had ever eaten before. We ended up at a Mongolian Barbeque place. The girls had a great time!



Pastor Noel