Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

Consequences Card

Sunday in my morning message I made reference to a card I always carry in my wallet. It is a card I made several years ago that lists the consequences that I would face if I fell morally. I pull this card out and read it from time to time. It serves as a powerful reminder of the importance of fleeing from sexual temptation and sin.

Several people asked about the card after the service. Here is the list of the consequences I have listed on my card (in no particular order)...

  • It would break my wife's heart and she would weep with disappointment.
  • It would have to explain to my girls why I had hurt their mom so badly.
  • I would lose my ministry.
  • I would grieve my heavenly Father.
  • I would give the world license to ridicule my Savior.
  • I would become a stumbling block and an excuse for unsaved people.
  • I would have to explain it to my mother and my mother-in-law.
  • I would lose the respect of my peers.
  • It would be much more difficult to hold my daughters to a standard.
Maybe you would consider writing out the likely consequences that you would face. We could all use a reminder from time to time.

Pastor Noel