Pages

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ohio Weather

I guess when you live in the south all your life, you get used to how weather is 'supposed' to work. The things you 'Ohioans' take for granted are really odd to us southerners...

Last night we had a thunderstorm with hail. Big hail. In the south hail is something they talk about on the news and issue warnings for, but I had probably only seen it a half dozen times in my life before I moved here (unless you count tiny, tiny hail). Because of the the upcoming move, my garage is filled with boxes so my cars were in the driveway. I'm scared to go look at them. Last week we had one or two days that got into the 80's and three days of SNOW! That is just cruel.

Other news...

I am looking forward to this weekend with our new music minister candidate being on the field. I expect Sunday to be a great day.

My uncle in Dallas passed away a couple days ago. I will be doing the funeral there tomorrow. I will actually be flying out of the Columbus airport at the same time Shawn, our music minister candidate, will be flying in. I hope to be able to speak with him in the terminal prior to departing, but I'm thinking the Southwest terminal (his airline) and the American Airlines terminal (my airline) are not connected in Columbus.

Can I share some humor with you even if it is a little PG 13? (I don't suppose kids read this blog.) Donna was gone somewhere a few days ago and I was watching one of my favorite television shows, Modern Marvels, on the History Channel. The girls had sat down to have a snack and were watching it with me. As you probably know, television commercials have really changed in the last few years and while you can be very careful about the programming your kids see on TV it is more difficult to control the commercials they see. Well the first commercial was for medicine for genital herpes which led to a difficult question from Hannah, my eight year old. As I was talking to Hannah trying to half answer the question and half change the subject, another commercial came on. Emily, my five year old, was watching the second commercial while I was trying to explain the first. When my explanation to Hannah was over, Emily referring to the second commercial asked, "Daddy, what is REPTILE DISFUNCTION?"

What do you say?

I told her it was when a lizard or a snake had emotional problems and didn't fit in with society.

Noel Dear