Pages

Monday, April 2, 2007

Five Baptisms

We had a great day at church yesterday. Good crowd, good spirit, good response at the invitation and FIVE people baptized. What a great way to kick off Easter week.

Our deacons did a great job with the crucifixion drama and Lord's Supper last night. I've had calls, emails, and visits throughout the day with people talking about how much it impacted their lives (and then there was Lindy :)).

For the first time ever, I'm playing in a fantasy baseball league. I don't know anything about baseball. Two weeks ago, I couldn't even name a baseball player. But I survived the draft and today the season began. I'm not even sure whether or not I have a good team, but as of 8:52 p.m. I am beating Lowell Jump's team 11-10. This is probably the only time this season I will have any kind of lead so I thought I would write about it. If I don't mention it on my blog again, you will know I'm losing pretty badly. The neat thing is that one of the guys in the church who is playing in the league (Jimmy McCrillis) is playing from the battle field in Afghanistan. He was even able to participate in the live draft although I think it was something like 4:00 in the morning when he did.

I'm looking forward to Easter Sunday. We've got two worship services in the morning. We're hoping for a big crowd. Pray for those who might come to church this week who would not ordinarily attend.

I'm blogging because 'Dancing with the Stars' is on, but the OSU - Florida B'ball game will be on shortly.

I'm trying to get Donna to make strawberry cobbler, but I'm not having much luck. Maybe she'll read this in a minute and make one. Maybe.

Time for the game...

Noel