Pages

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Lemonade Stand

My first blog in a month! Last night after having friendly dinner with a few couples from the church, I was thoroughly pummeled for not having posted in the last month. I'll try to do better :).

Today Hannah and Emily ran a lemonade stand on the sidewalk in front of our home to help raise money for Michael & Jonathan George's mission trip to Kenya. I didn't think they would sell a have dozen cups of lemonade all day. I was wrong! Hannah just counted the money she made... $65.19 by selling fifty cent lemonade!

I am proud of both of them. I wondered if Hannah would be tempted to keep some of the money after she counted it and saw how much it was (more money than she has ever had), but she didn't. Couldn't we all learn some lessons from that!

Otherwise it's been a pretty lazy day. The kids stayed at a friend's house last night so Donna and I were able to sleep in. It was nice. I watched the rerun of last year's OSU - Texas football game today. I can't wait until football starts this Thursday.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. We're still in our morning series on Nehemiah, but we're changing gears a little. As we come to chapter eight, we see the model worship service. Tomorrow we will study that model worship service and see if we can find instructions for how worship should take place each week at our church. In the evening, we will be continuing our Bible Study on the Return of Christ from Matthew 24-25. We will study the nature and timing of the Rapture in this week's message.

Noel