Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Help for Tornado Victims in Alabama and Mississippi

I spoke with several pastors last night who are helping with the effort to assist and minister to victims of the tornados that tore through the south this week. The stories are heartbreaking. One pastor told me of finding a family digging through the rubble of their home to desperately find enough pieces of clothing to be able to dress their kids. Another pastor told me of the death of a man who laid over his kids to protect them from flying debris.

I told these pastors that our church family will want to help. I have pledged that we would stand with them in any way we could as they seek to meet needs in the name of Christ and minister to these hurting families.

I hesitate to do this via a blog because at FBC Heath we never ask for money from those outside our church, but let me give an appeal to our members and regular attenders. If you would like to help with this, above your regular giving, you can go to our church website and give electronically (by credit/debit card or by ACH from a bank account) or you can call the church office today and someone will assist you with electronic giving. We will also provide an opportunity for people to give in our services this Sunday.

I will share more with everyone on Sunday. Keep these churches in your prayers as they reach out.

Pastor Noel